Database Management System(DBMS):
Database is a collection of related Logical data organized in a way that data can be easily Accessed, Managed, and Updated
Database divided into Four components:
- 1970 — Dr. Edgar F. “Ted” Codd of IBM is known as the father of relational databases. He described a relational model for databases.
- 1974 — Structured Query Language appeared.
- 1978 — IBM worked to develop Codd’s ideas and released a product named System/R.
- 1986 — IBM developed the first prototype of a relational database and standardized by ANSI. The first relational database was released by Relational Software and its later becoming Oracle.
Functions of Database Management System:
- Data Independence & Integrity
- Concurrency Control
- Recovery Services – Backup and recovery
- Provide Utility Services
- Provides clear and Logical view of the process that manipulates data
- Security to database
- Advantages of Database Management System:
- Segregation of Application Programming
- Minimal data duplicate’s
- Easy retrieval of data
- Reduced development time and maintenance nee
- Large in Size
Database Management System Structure:
DBMS (Database Management System) acts as an interface between the user and the database. The user requests the DBMS to perform various operations (insert, delete, update and retrieval) on the database. The components of DBMS perform these requested operations on the database and provide necessary data to the users. The various components of DBMS are shown below –
If you like my article, please do leave a comment or like it. I feel happy that my effort has been appreciated.