IELTS Reading With Excellent Tips
IELTS Reading Part contains three Passages – 40 Questions in Academic & General but in the academic first passage is easy and last passage is hard so it follows easy to hard.
Time for Reading Section: 1 Hour
Spend less time on first passage to answer and more time on last passage.
Type of questions you face in the exam:
- Multiple Choice
- Short Answer
- Sentence Completion
- Table filling
- Paragraph Headings
- Locate information
- Writer view
In the exam, you may the questions related to the above types, so be specific and practice those all types of questions for the exam.
IELTS Reading Tips
- Don’t read slowly the paragraphs, Skim the main Idea and scan the Details
- Don’t spend too much time on answers – Star mark on answer (*)
- Time management is vert Important
- First passage – 17min
- Second Passage – 20min
- Third Passage – 23min
- Enough time to transfer answers
- Three words or less
- Eg: The tomb of the John (wrong)
- The John’s tomb. (Correct)
- Grammar (Considers Wrongs even a single letter also)
- Singular – Castle
- Plural – Castles
- Not Reading instructions
- Eg: Choose Two (It means you have to choose two answers)4
- Not given, Yes, No ⇔(Different from)⇔ Not given, True, False
- True ≠ Yes
- False ≠ No
- Important is Practicing
These Crispy and excellent tips will help you a lot in preparing all the English test like IELTS, PTE, TOEFL etc. Just keep practicing with these tips.
I hope you like this article, the tips provided here helps you a lot in Exam preparation. Please do leave a comment or like it. I feel happy that my effort has been appreciated.