IELTS SPEAKING TIPS with Do’s & Dont’s
IELTS speaking contains three parts, Here I am going to explain the part 1 of speaking with Do’s & Dont’s of this section in brief including the introduction part of speaking.
Though IELTS Speaking is not only useful for IELTS Exam, it is going to be useful for all the English Speaking exams like PTE, IELTS.
Time (Speaking Part 1): 4 – 5 Minutes
In this introduction section, they will be asking us the basic questions like
- What’s your name?
- What nationality are you?
- What part of your country do you come from?
- Can you describe your hometown/village?
- What do you like doing in your free time? Why?
- Are there any new hobbies that you would like to take up? Why?
The examiner shoots the questions are easy to answer no need any preparation for these just follow the below lines
Examiner Tests the:
- Fluency (Clearly, Rhythmic way)
- Vocabulary (Use some high-level vocabulary. Eg: Good, Bad are low-level vocabulary)
Do’s of Speaking Part 1 – Tips
- Be confident, Friendly and Maintain eye contact with the examiner
- Show some natural excitement
- Vocabulary usage
- Eg: I love Indian Cuisine (Cuisine = food)
- friends = acquaintance
- Instead of
I like(don’t use) – use I enjoy, I really love, I prefer words
- Expand your answers/examples
- Q) What is your favorite food?
- A) I love Indian Cuisine. My favorite dish is palak paneer. They use cheese, butter in preparing and very tasty.
Dont’s of Speaking Part 1 – Tips
- Speaking with a monotone
- Yes/No answers (Not expanding)
- Do you like sports?
- Yes, I like sports (Don’t give these type of answers kindly what sport it is and why you like some lines)
- Repeat the questions (Some people do it often, try practicing without repeating the question again)
- Going Off the topic
- Eg: If the examiner is asking about hometown(Stick to the Topic), don’t speak about education, Technology etc..)
- Answers like – I don’t know
- Speaking too quickly or slowly
- Speaking Quietly
- Worrying about perfect English
The above mentioned all the Do’s & Dont’s in IELTS Speaking part 1 remaining part 2 & 3 tips will be posted soon.
If you like the post please do comment below on this post your views. And if you want to provide any suggestions or tips contact me or comment below. ThankYou!