PTE Academic Writing Tips
PTE Academic Writing section consists of Two item types one is “Summarise Written Text” and other “Write an Essay”. Here writing an essay using words and phrases appropriate to the context and using correct grammar and mechanics and organizing sentences and paragraphs in a logical way.
Summaries Written Text:
In this item type, you may get 2-3 questions on summarizing the text. To talk about this it is not much difficult to say just we need some amount practice on it. Before attempting the try at least 10 summarize questions. So you can give your best in the PTE-A Exam.
To summarize the text your are having 10min for each question, so time is enough for it.
- Summarize the text about 30 words only, don’t exceed more than 50 words.
- Use only one full stop at the end of the sentence.
- Capitalize the starting words and nouns (Names) in the sentence.
- No more than 30 words for the best answer. ( Min 5 words, Max 70 words)
- Be aware of Spellings, Plurals, Pronunciations.
- Concentrate on Topic Sentences, Repeated words.
- No examples, Reasons, and Illustrations.
- A summary must be written in third person form. Don’t use I, We… etc.
- Most of the Summarize the answer from the last para so concentrate on it.
- Try to summarize each para first later concentrate on it and make it a single sentence.
- Time manage – 3min Planning, 5min writing, 2min checking for mistakes(spelling, grammar).
In the exam you may get one or two questions, it cannot be exact. To write an essay you are having 20min for each(if 2questions).
- Plan your essay in an order by checking it whether it is an Opinion essay, advantages & disadvantages, or Problem & Solution.
- Be aware of Spellings, Grammar, Plurals.
- Use good Vocabulary to score good marks.
- Essay structure – Intro, Body, Conclusion.
- Try to write atleast 3-5 paragraphs. Intro – 1para, Body – 2-3paras, Conclusion – 1para.
- No use bullet points.
- In the body, the section gives examples, reasons, statistics to describe.
- Time Manage – 3min Plan, 14min writing, 3min checking(spellings, grammar).
In further articles, I am going to post PTE-Academic Most repeated question with the answers (Tips to write it).
Note: To score more marks mainly beware of spellings, grammar, vocabulary. And just follow the above tips you can score maximum marks in the PTE Exam.
If you like my article, please do leave a comment or like it. I feel happy that my effort has been appreciated.Thank you!