There are several reasons why you might want to block certain websites on your computer. Some websites could be spreading viruses, contain explicit content or even be trying to steal your personal data. While you may well be more than capable of avoiding these websites, but that doesn’t stand true for everyone who uses your device. In such cases, it might be best to block certain websites.
On Your Computer
If you want to control access to websites on just one machine, then you can set up the block at the operating system level. This method for blocking websites is not too hard to configure and will work across browsers.
One of the backbones of the Internet is the DNS system that translates easily to remember (and type) names such as www.google.com into equivalent IP addresses (220.127.116.11). While you use DNS servers to get to websites, your computer also has something called a HOSTS file which can have this information stored locally. This can be used to disable access to unwanted websites. Works on any version of windows.
- No need of any software required.
- Within two steps you can make it.
- within a minute you can do it.
- Open the link for Windows OS- “c:windowssystem32driversetc” (For Windows 32-bit), “c:windowssystem64driversetc”(Windows 64-bit), Based on the “Operating System” Open the Specific path.
- And now, the folder containing the file name “HOSTS” Open the file with Notepad.
- At the end of the file Add ” 127.0.0.1 Blocking website“, and save the file.
ex: “127.0.01 www.facebook.com”, “127.0.0.1 www.gmail.com”.
- Repeat this step until you’ve added all websites you want to block.
- Now close the host’s file and click Save. Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect and you’ll find that all those websites are now blocked.
- Now it’s done.
If You have can Queries feel free to comment. If you like the article free to comment here or like.