Introduction to SQL
Advantages of Mysql Database
- MYSQL is released under an open-source license. So you have nothing to pay to use it.
- MYSQL is a very powerful program in its own right. It handles a large subset of the functionality of the most expensive and powerful database packages.
- MYSQL uses a standard form of the well-known SQL data language.
- MYSQL works on many operating systems and with many languages including PHP, PERL, C, C++, JAVA etc.
- MYSQL works very quickly and works well even with large data sets.
- MYSQL is very friendly to PHP, the most appreciated language for web development.
- MYSQL supports large databases, up to 50 million rows or more in a table. The default file size limit for a table is 4GB, but you can increase this (if your operating system can handle it) to a theoretical limit of 8 million terabytes (TB).
- MYSQL is customizable. The open source GPL license allows programmers to modify the MYSQL software to fit their own specific environments.mary of the current situation
What is SQL?
- MS SQL Server using T-SQL,
- Oracle using PL/SQL,
- MS Access version of SQL is called JET SQL (native format) etc.
- Allows users to access data in relational database management systems.
- Allows users to describe the data.
- Allows users to define the data in database and manipulate that data.
- Allows to embed within other languages using SQL modules, libraries & pre-compilers.
- Allows users to create and drop databases and tables.
- Allows users to create view, stored procedure, functions in a database.
- Allows users to set permissions on tables, procedures, and views
- CREATE – to create objects in the database
- ALTER – alters the structure of the database
- DROP – delete objects from the database
- TRUNCATE – remove all records from a table, including all spaces allocated for the records are removed
- RENAME – rename an object
- SELECT – retrieve data from the database
- INSERT – insert data into a table
- UPDATE – updates existing data within a table
- DELETE – deletes all records from a table, the space for the records remain
- GRANT – gives user’s access privileges to database
- REVOKE – withdraw access privileges given with the GRANT command
- commit – to permanently save
- rollback – to undo change
- savepoint – to save temporarily
If you like the article, please do like or comment. Any Suggestions or changes Comment below.Thank You..!!