New STEM OPT Extension Rule Brings Welcomed Relief to Employers and International Students
What Need to Know About the New Rule :
- Increases the STEM OPT extension period from 17 months to 24 months
- The STEM OPT Rule is officially published on March 11th, 2016.
- Improving and Expanding Training Opportunities for F-1 Nonimmigrant Students with STEM Degrees and Cap-Gap Relief for All Eligible F-1 Students
- 24 Months STEM OPT Final Rule – Effective from May 10, 2016
- Automatically extends work authorization if students properly file a STEM OPT extension
- Permits students currently approved for a 17-month extension of work authorization to apply for the balance of the new 24-month extension if they meet certain requirements pertaining to timing of their applications
- Provides for DHS site visits to employer locations in which STEM OPT students are employed. The DHS will generally give advance notice of such visits but may also conduct an unannounced visit if triggered by a complaint or other evidence of violation of the regulations.
Click HERE, to View the more details.
> Read :
Below is the E-book you can read it,
If you like the article share it with others and be helpful for others too.
Thank You for Visiting Us…!!